Illinois Fertilizer & Chemical Association
Supply · Service · Stewardship

Tag Filter

Filtered by : Taxes

Results6 articles found.

Ag Input & Machinery Sales Tax Exemption - Statute & Regulations

Farmer Certification Form for Purchasing Tax Exempt Ag Inputs

Have your farmers sign this document and keep it on file to assure they are using tax-free ag inputs for production agriculture uses only. 

IDOR Sales Tax Exemption Certificate - Equipment

Implement of Husbandry Definitions

The document below explains what qualifies as an Implement of Husbandry in Illinois and explains the license plate requirements for ammonia nurse tanks and fertilizer trailers.  

Pollution Control Tax Credit Forms

Click here for the rules, application form and instructions to apply for an Illinois pollution control facility property tax credit for your agrichemical containment systems. 

Scales and Storage Tanks Subject to Sales Tax

According to the IL Dept of Revenue, scales used to weigh agricultural inputs are subject to sales taxes.  So are storage tanks unless the storage tanks are on a vehicle that is also applying the pesticides or fertilizers in the field of application.  Contact IFCA with questions on sales tax exemptions for agriculture.